Information About Your Water
- Virginia Household Water Quality Program
Provides practical information to homeowners about maintaining and protecting your well. Every year drinking water testing clinics are offered including water testing. How Well is Your Well recommends having your water well inspected by a licensed well drilling professional every 3 to 5 years. Visit this site to learn more about your well as well as receiving assistance.
- Using Low-Yielding Wells
There are several steps that can be used to increase the adequacy of a low-yielding well.
- Waterford Well Yields extracted from the Waterford Elementary School (WES) Groundwater Supply Report with Tables, Figures, and Appendices 2006 (See below)
- Waterford Elementary School (WES) Groundwater Supply Report with Tables, Figures, and Appendices 2006
Evaluates the sustainability of the groundwater resource to supply increased enrollment (to 600 students) at the Waterford Elementary School (WES) and potential impacts of increased pumping on wells in the surrounding area.
- Loudoun County Water Needs Assessment Community Prioritization Manual 2013
- Water and Wastewater Program Feasibility Study Repayment for Type B Communities
- Loudoun County Water Community Project Assistance
- Well Bacteria Acceptable Levels from the Virginia Administrative Code, Title 12. Health Agency 5. Department of Health Chapter 630. Private Well Regulations. 12VAC5-630-370.
- Water System Yields for Residential Use Wells from the Virginia Administrative Code, Title 12. Health Agency 5. Department of Health Chapter 630. Private Well Regulations. 12VAC5-630-460.
- Evaluating Ground Water Supplies in Fractured Metamorphic Rock of the Blue Ridge Province in Northern Virginia. Research report, Web site
Keywords: water wells, Waterford va, drinking water, water quality.