We need to raise $5,500 to have fireworks in 2020! The Waterford Fireworks Team is asking for donations to support fireworks on July 3rd as part of Waterford's traditional Independence Day celebrations. If you would like to contribute, please Support the Waterford Fireworks.
The Waterford Citizens' Association (WCA) was established in 1954 to support the citizens of the Waterford School District in the preservation of our historic heritage and to promote citizen involvement in the Waterford community.
Some of Our Activities Include:
- Advocacy of community interests including traffic, planning, and zoning. [See a recent traffic reduction news article, Traffic is a Threat to the Village]
- Funding and organizing the Independence Day celebrations including a parade, games, potluck dinner, and other activities.
- Beautification of village, planting trees along village roads, and roadside cleanup
Some of Our Successes
- Lowering speed on Waterford streets
- Stopping through truck traffic
- Water use and traffic related to elementary school proposal
- Stop sign at the Post Office. Stop sign survey.
- Helping in the preservation Phillips Farm from development.
- Worked with the County and the Waterford Foundation to establish village house numbers.
- Brought a court case stating that the Environmental Protection Agency was obliged to reinstitute procedures mandated by section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act before a contemplated expansion of an existing sewage system can go forward.