Independence Day Celebration in Waterford
We need volunteers.
Please signup on our Volunteer page
Please take Covid Precautions
Picnic at the Tanyard by the Bond Street Barn (6-8 p.m.)
Bring your picnic and family to the tanyard. Spread your blanket and enjoy the music which will be provided by The 7th Son of WV.
Pot Luck Dinner
- 6 - 8 p.m. at the Bond Street Tanyard (See map)
(In case of rain this event will move to the Old School)
Alphabet Pot Luck
Bring a dish. If your last names begins with:
A - I =Salad, J - Q = Dessert, R - Z = Main Dish
Bring enough for 8 -10 people, also bring your own drinks or bottled water and lawn chairs or blankets. Remember to mark your plate and bring a serving spoon for your dish.
Annual Pie Baking Contest — Bring a pie to be judged. View Flyer
Fireworks at the Water Street Meadow (Starting between 9:15 and 9:30)
9 p.m. - at the Water Street Meadow. Parking at the Old School and Waterford Elementary School. NO PARKING on the meadow (except for those with a handicapped permit). (See map). No sparklers or other fireworks allowed.
Because of Covid, there will be no July 4th events
Village Roads are closed to non-parade vehicles from 10am to Noon
Parade down Second and Main Streets (See map)
- 10 a.m. - Parade Registration, Factory Street
- 11 a.m. - Parade (For all decorated bicycles, moving vehicles, and marchers down Factory to the Bond Street Tanyard)
Hot Dogs, Music, Remarks at the Bond Street Tanyard
- 11:45 - Songs, remarks, and refreshments (Hot Dogs, Lemonade, Watermelon)
- 12 p.m. - Live music
- Cake walk for kids. Bring a cake.
- Greystone Pool on Clarkes Gap Road is open for non-members ($5 fee)