There will be fireworks this year
We would like to thank the many donors who raised the money for this year's fireworks on July 3rd, part of Waterford's traditional Independence Day celebrations.
The Waterford Citizens' Association (WCA) was established in 1954 to support the citizens of the Waterford School District in the preservation of our historic heritage and to promote citizen involvement in the Waterford community.
Some of our functions include:
Loudoun County Chair Phyllis Randall visits Waterford
Some of our Successes
- Stopping through truck traffic
- Letter to HDRC on the Simms House destruction
- Water use and traffic related to elementary school proposal
- Stop sign at the Post Office. Stop sign survey.
- Helping in the preservation Phillips Farm from development.
- Worked with the County and the Waterford Foundation to establish village house numbers.
- Brought a court case stating that the Environmental Protection Agency was obliged to reinstitute procedures mandated by section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act before a contemplated expansion of an existing sewage system can go forward.