Coronavirus COVID-19 Support
In light of the fast-evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the WCA has setup a team to assist neighbors needing help — such as those quarantined, and to share guidance on plans in Loudoun County and Virginia, and what to do if you are sick.
Please contact: Peter Thomas or Mary Sheehan
Join Us for a Virtual Coffee Hour?
We know everyone is feeling a bit of cabin fever by now. We will be launching a weekly "Corner Store Coffee/Cocktail Hour” starting Wednesday, April 1 at 8 am for coffee (alternating each week, so Wednesday April 8 at 5pm for cocktails). The goal is to create some safe community space to catch up with others. Sarah Holway will be hosting the morning session via Zoom with the connection details below, with Paige Cox hosting the evening hour session. We look forward to a fun and lively informal exchange!
Join Zoom Coffee at the Corner Store, Wednesdays April 1, 15, 29 at 8 am
Join Zoom Cocktails at the Corner Store, Wednesdays April 8 and 22 at 5 pm
Grocery Stores With Senior Hours
Safeway: Tues. & Thur. 7-9am
Target: Wed. 7-8am
Walmart: Tues. 6-7am
Whole Foods: 7-8am
Food Lion, Harris Teeter, and Wegmans have no special hours.
Wegmans and Giant offer delivery in the Waterford area.
• Waterford Corner Store is offering a Farm Share Collective which brings you locally produced food directly from the store. This is an opportunity fto get the bulk of your food close to home by supporting our local farmers and producers.
• Curbside Pickup at Leesburg Restaurants
What to do if you think you are sick
Local Loudoun resources:
• Loudoun Coronavirus update
• INOVA Northern Virginia Urgent Care Respiratory Clinics
• INOVA COVID-19 Information
• Loudoun Medical Group Opens Drive-Through Testing
• Loudoun health department:donation of masks and equipment
• Loudoun Needs Assistance
• Loudoun Government March 16 Emergency Declaration
Virginia resources (including covid-19 cases in Virginia and Loudoun):
US national resources:
Tracking the Coronavirus